i meant to post this a few days ago, but i think i’ve been so caught up in my own social life (after a 2-week period of having NO life) that i completely forgot about it. anyway, WOO HOO again for me being done with this evil test! in celebration, i wanted to do a quick giveaway.
there were four words that stumped me on my GRE: lugubrious, toothsome, disembarrass, and desultory. i don’t want to ever forget the meanings of those words again! the rules for this contest are simple: in the comments, make up a sentence (or two) using those words in relation to bento. be creative — there are no right or wrong sentences, as long as the actual meaning of the word is being used correctly. only one entry per day, you can’t repeat your previous entries, and i’ll take entries through this sunday night, march 14, at 11:59PM EST.
now onto the prizes! here’s what the prize package contains:
- a highly-coveted MS4B!! i know that hapa bento’s contests are always eagerly-anticipated, not only because they are fun and creative (and because her site is consistently fantastic), but because this box is so great and somewhat hard to find. well, i finally found one, and i grabbed an extra so that debra wouldn’t have to bear the sole responsibility of distributing these amongst our bento community! (by the way, yours will come in the packaging; i photographed mine to reduce the glare from the plastic wrapping.)
- another highly-coveted item, one of the hand-crafted double cutters! this one is in the shape of a pretty flower with a stem.
- a package of cute animal mayo cups (the faces and arms fold over the top so the mayo stays put).
- a package of cute animal soy sauce bottles.
- a package of cute animal baran.
- a box of regular green “grass” baran.
- one of the “paper shapers” punches, in a pretty flower shape.
- a package of yummy strawberry-flavored panda biscuits! i used the chocolate variety in a recent panda bento and can attest to their deliciousness.
- the always-useful and fun multi-pick package, containing rings, bones, umbrella handles, flower stems, and balloon strings. i received my own set of these from a bento pal once and often daydream about neat ways of using them — they can be anything from christmas ornament “hooks,” to reindeer antlers, to cute tiger cub tails! so now i’m giving away another set; they really are very handy and versatile.
- ten colorful “veggie” fork-style food picks, and four colorful “clown” picks (i can’t find the exact same clowns online, but the ones i’m giving away look a lot like these). these are not in the packaging because they are from my personal stash, but they have never been used, are from a clean and smoke-free home, and will be tucked safely in a fresh zip-loc bag. if you aren’t comfortable receiving something that’s not professionally packaged, just let me know and i won’t include these — i just thought they were fun.
that’s it — this should be a nice assortment for a beginner bento-er, or it might include some of the things a veteran bento-maker has been searching out for her collection. good luck to everyone, and i can’t wait to read your GRE vocabulary sentences!
oh, and if you like what you see here but don’t want to enter the contest, check out napa japan — i have really been enjoying their extensive japanese candy selection (as well as their currently-expanding bento accessories selection), and a lot of the items i’m giving away are from my last box from that site.