well, just as i suspected, catching up on my bento blog reading gave me some new ideas to try… one of the cutest things i saw over the last week was shoppingmum’s “blur teddy” sandwiches. i decided to give this a try with onigiri. i used two different sized round cutters instead of a small teddy cutter, and i used vegetarian ham instead of smoked cheese for the snout, but i think i achieved a similarly cute face — thanks for the tips, shoppingmum!
rounding out this box are some fried tofu slices, asparagus spears wrapped in cheese and vegetarian ham, blackberries on a flower pick, steamed broccoli, carrot flowers, tomatoes, jersey-fresh arugula, and a flower-shaped bottle filled with soy-vinegar sauce for the tofu. do these flower accessories qualify me for this month’s BOMB theme?
– ♥ –
to celebrate having completed the hellish process of moving into my new, more bento-friendly apartment, i’m doing a giveaway!
to enter, just post a link in the comments to your favorite bento post (from your or someone else’s blog, or from bento central or just bento) that you’ve read over the past few weeks (it doesn’t have to be a new post, just something that inspired you or you revisited lately)… i need more ideas to help me get back in my bento groove!
1 entry per person per day, contest ends saturday at midnight EST, winner to be posted sunday.
what’s in the prize package? i thought you’d never ask! here’s a picture:
- 1 two tier blue sheep box with french writing and aqua band, 670ml total
- 1 v-color white two-tier box
- 1 clickety click giant onigiri box, 780ml total
- 1 480ml putifresh “muscat” box with matching fork (this is one of my favorite sizes and shapes, i have the muscat and the banana!)
- 24 oval-shaped waxed paper okazu cups, sea life themed (tako, turtle, penguin, fish), plus 36 small round paper cups with fruit designs
- 4 metal flower-shaped cutters (the same kind i used in my carrot flower tutorial)
- egg and tomato-shaped mayo and ketchup bottles
- clover and sakura baran
- large round citrus fruits baran
- 1 package of assorted bow, crown and top hat picks
- 1 package of flower and leaf picks
- 1 package of cute animal onigiri wrappers
- 1 octo-dog cutter
- 1 package each ume and shiso furikake
- 1 purple wrapping cloth (furoshiki)
- 1 package colored soy paper (not pictured above)
good luck… can’t wait to see what’s been inspiring you all!